ARP-MAIL Secure Email Notifications and File Distribution for the IBM i
ARP-MAIL is a simple yet powerful secure email client for the IBM i that is designed to send messages and objects via email. Unlike other products offered for the IBM i, ARP-MAIL does not rely on IBM APIs because it uses its own SMTP client in order to provide important security and content handling features.
ARP-MAIL enables organizations of any size to email messages and distribute files from their applications and processes. Its most popular use is exception handling and problem resolution. The software contains a set of CL commands that can be embedded into job streams including recovery routines so that job logs and relevant data can be emailed to the right people for troubleshooting and resolution. ARP-MAIL integrates with every Arpeggio product and can be used to embed email alerts and forward job logs inside in automated process.
This notification tool can be used in any IBM i process, not just with Arpeggio products. If you purchase a FULL subscription to any Arpeggio product you will receive support and maintenance on ARP-MAIL at no additional charge.
Here is a summary of the features in ARP-MAIL:
• Totally Native secure SMTP client
• Security options for SMTP Authentication and connection encryption (SSL/TLS and STARTTLS)
• Supports Multiple Servers (including services like yahoo mail, gmail, etc.)
• CL commands to send emails with job logs, DB2 files, IFS files, spooled files and save files
• APIs that enable you to easily control creating and sending emails from your applications
• Integration with ARP-SFTP, SIFT-IT, ARP-DROP, ARP-SAVE and ARP-ZIP
• Complies with European laws and regulations on the use of signatures